Axiom Construction is a leading Northwest Washington commercial architectural sheet metal company for small, medium and larger commercial and industrial facilities to serve a wide range of customer needs. Top projects include major healthcare, higher education, hospitality, and sports facilities as well as multi-use projects. Our company has been in business for over 15 years and is an industry leader. We enjoy a fast-paced environment, with low turnover, great benefits and long-term career potential.
We are looking for a Project Engineer who can help assist with projects and establish the criteria by which project success will be measured. The successful candidate will work together in a team environment with project managers to successfully run projects, coordinate multiple facets of the project from inception to completion, ensure the proper implementation of project elements, and more. If you are a detail-oriented professional with at least 2 years of experience in construction, we encourage you to apply for this position.
- Verify that the project subcontract has been received, and then coordinate with Estimating to make a smooth transition into Project Management.
- Work with Estimating to match project estimate with subcontract scope and value and ensure an accurate and complete project budget for Project Manager’s use.
- Request all construction schedules from General Contractors.
- Read and understand project specs and cross reference with plans to ensure accuracy. Identify changes to project scope.
- Set up Job Turnover Meetings.
- Assist with submittals and request required samples. Ensure finish schedule and color selections are made and Identify any long-lead items.
- Assist with material logistics, PO’s, coordinating and confirming deliveries, at PM direction.
- Assist with generating RFI’s and following up on responses. Assist with reviewing newly generated ASI’s, ASK’s, CCD’s, RFI’s and track accordingly.
- Assist with coordination of COP pricing following PM direction of COP scope.
- Create and coordinate with Foreman & General Foreman their binders with required information once submittals have been approved.
- Assist with responding to reports from Building Envelope Consultants.
- Assist in Project Close-out submittals (warranties, O & Ms, LEED, punchlist close)
- Upon project completion, set up Job close out Meeting with Estimating & PM’s and GF’s.
- Basic AutoCAD commands, functions and skills.
- Competently prepare project submittals and shop drawings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College degree in Construction Management (highly preferred)
- Minimum 2 years Construction experience (highly preferred)
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both internal and external
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient use in Microsoft office suite
- Proficient in Bluebeam studio (highly preferred)
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision paid 100% for you and your dependents
- Life Insurance Coverage, 100% paid on your behalf
- 401(k) Retirement Account (Company Match)
- Company paid continuing education
- Generous vacation time
- Paid sick leave
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 2 years (Preferred)